Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Don't fall for the "hybrid/doodle" BS like "hypoallergenic", " non-shedding", "best of both breeds" etc. It's a lie. Genetics doesn't work like that.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Hi,
I'm interested in getting a bassetoodle. Any advice on breeders? I haven't been able to find a breeder anywhere.

Thanks,
GOOD. The ONLY people messing around with long-established BREEDS are BYBs who are after one thing only .... your money. Thank the good lord you can't find a breeder of this kind of mix. And if you do happen upon one, rest assured this is like buying into a Lottery. You won't know how the puppy will be as an adult, from coat, to temperament, to health and to longevity. And even puppies in the same litter may look totally different. If this is about finding a "hypoallergenic' dog, this is a total myth.

Please read this article on the subject of mix-breeding - and then go find yourself a purebred puppy of either breed (which I assume is a Basset /Poodle - shudder), via the relevant Breed Club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564373/The-hidden-suffering-dogs-bred-cute-Adorable-looks-Cuddly-names-like-Labradoodle-But-trend-cross-breed-dogs-raises-disturbing-questions.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts