Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 bassets, 2 females and a male, the male I just adopted recently and he is papered and supposed to be pure basset. But I notice that his face is smooth, not wrinkled like my other dogs, and his eyes are not droopy either. Other then that he looks like your average basset. What does this mean? I have heard that there are several kinds of basset, could he be one of these? Or is he just poorly bred? I have tried to post pics but can't seem to get the hang of it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
One of my girls, who is pure basset, has no saggy skin & no wrinkles. I think it is the result of poor breeding. However, she is totally healthy so I can live without the wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My first basset, Flash did not have head wrinkles either so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it as long as your dog is healthy.

As far as posting pictures go, first you must upload your photos to a photo hosting site such as Photobucket, it is free. After you do that copy the IMG code right into your post. I always click preview post to make sure it looks the way I want it to. Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh my!
Snoopygirl-
You have,apparently, become involved in a very serious situation in taking possession of a "Smooth faced, non wrinkly skinned, Basset that also has taut eye lid muscles"!
I am the official K.C.L.S.H. (keeper-caretaker-of loose-skin hounds) and you will need to message me for my address for you to crate the Basset in question and send him to me for safe keeping.
don

·
Registered
714 Posts
Both of my dogs are rescues and I don't think their breeding was any great shakes. Minnie has a bit of wrinkles on her ankles, Basset socks, you know? Dudley is darn near wrinkle-free. I don't give a hoot, they are both healthy and happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts