Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am enjoying the post about what we all call our Bassets so I thought I'd follow up asking if anyone else makes up silly song for their dogs? Cannoli has several theme songs, including "Fat Bottom Girls" and "Brick House". My daughter and I also are always changing lyrics to songs to make them basset themed. For instance at Christmas we sang to the tune of "O Christmas Tree". . . O basset hound O basset hound you are a rather low dog. .

Anybody else have this kind of silliness happening?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lol funny! I sing songs to Maddie a lot. When trying to get her to settle down, I'll hold her and pet her and sing "go to sleep, little creep" in the tune of rock-a-bye-baby sort of. I start the same, with "go to sleep, little creep," and change the other lyrics as the pertain to that day. Silly, I know. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
My husband and I make up silly little songs all the time. He started it and now I do it too. Each dog has their own theme song and some have more depending on what they did to warrant the song... such as the naughty times.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Oh thank goodness! I seriously was beginning to think I had lost my mind with all the songs I sing to Annie!!

So, as it stands, either we have all lost our minds courtesy of the Basset...or this is normal and those without a hound have something seriously wrong with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My fiance started with, "My little Squishy butt....", for which I called him crazy at the time.
Now, when it's just me and her at home I'll sing whatever pops into my head (even if it's opera. That's a very big ouch).
Thank goodness everyone else does this......I was beginning to fear for my sanity! :)

On a side note - I'll have to fit Fat Bottom Squish now into my rotation :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
When Princess Buttercup finally comes downstairs I sing, "Here she comes Miss America... Dog!" Must be genetic because my mom used to sing, "I'm so pretty, Oh so pretty..." when she would groom our Westies. The funny part is years later I heard the song on TV & called my mom so excited because I thought she made up the song & it was on TV!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
So, as it stands, either we have all lost our minds courtesy of the Basset...or this is normal and those without a hound have something seriously wrong with them.
Haha my vote is for the latter. I sometimes throw out parts of Edgar Allen Poe's "Annabel Lee" when I talk to Anabelle :p

·
Registered
117 Posts
My husband sings Elvis' "Hound Dog" to Charlotte all the time I think he even put it on the ipod road trip playlist for our rides together.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO, I had to check this post as soon as I got home and we are all cracking up at my house.

Our newest song is "I want a Hippopotamas for Christmas, if not then a basset hound will do. They've a mouth like a crocodile, tough as rinocheruses, they're almost like hippopotamuses. . ." Cannoli takes this all in stride very graciously.

·
Registered
275 Posts
For Lucy we sang:

"You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille"

"Here we go Lu-cee-lu, Here we go Lu-cee-li, Here we go Lu-cee-lu, all on a Saturday night"

"Lucy in the sky with Diamonds"

"Whinny the Poo, silly willie nillie old girl" (to address nickname of Poo Dog)

and of course everyone's favorite:

"Ain't nothin but a hound dog"

·
Registered
562 Posts
Rosco has his own theme song (sung to the tune of Macho Man).

'Rosco Rosco man'

Pretty much the whole song sung to the tune of Macho Man, except substitute Rosco for Macho.

And yes we have all lost our minds.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Our current song is the good old "Do your ears hang low..." with ear action. Boomer is usually not very amused by this.

Other one is the the theme to the old show Flipper: "His name is Boomer, Boomer, Boomer..."

ROFL @ "Rosco Man"

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Sailor Man, Sailor Man
Friendly neighborhood Sailor Man
Happy boy, not too wise
Silky ears, droopy eyes
Watch out!
Here comes the Sailor Man.....

and (see who recognizes this one...)

Evil Rose is a lark
Her light is always shines
Evil Rose she
Always knows
How to have a good time
Evil Roo, she's crazy too
And now it's plain to see that
Ever time I
Look at her
Rosie grows on me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Our current song is the good old "Do your ears hang low..." with ear action. Boomer is usually not very amused by this.
LOL - I used to sing that song to Flash when he was younger. It was so much fun playing with his big ol floppy ears. I may just have to sing it to him tonight. I'm sure he's been missing it! :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bicycle built for two is a natural choice for Daisy. At Christmas, Feliz Navidad became "please take this barkey dog" (all of the wonderful cooking smells were too much for her and she was driving us nuts).

When she cries for no apparent reason, she gets "It's tough to be a Basset" ala Tough to be a Bug.

She also gets various versions of "Crazy Days" and anything else we happen to make up.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Here's a new one tonight, while watching old 80's music videos. The hubby busted out laughing when I started singing this, it just popped out. Guess the song and artist:

She bark, he bark, a-we bark,
I bark, you bark, a-they bark,
Be-bop be-bop a-lu she-bark.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A little Cindi Lauper eh? My boyfriend was serenading Cannoli with "so you had a basset" to the tune of "so you had a bad day"

How bout this one? "there's a basset in your closet, let her out so she can eat, barooo, theres a basset in you closet, let her out so she can eat."

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bicycle built for two is a natural choice
My grandma taught us Daisys answer-

"Henry, Henry here is my answer true, I'm not crazy all for the love of you. There won't be any marriage, you can't afford a carriage. And I'll be switched if I'll be hitched on a bicycle built for two."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts