Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all basset mommies and daddies, how do you deal with the basset fur in your home?

My Porter is not allowed on the sofa or the bed due to the fact he leaves a layer of fur anywhere he goes. And he knows he is not allowed on the sofa but he manages to sneak on to the couch when my husband and I goes to work. I would come home and find fur all over my couch, and he would look at me with those big innocent brown eyes and 'Not me. i didn't do it. I don't know how my fur got on the couch. I have no idea what you are talking about' That sneaky little jerk! I feel like I want to laugh and cry at the same time.

So how do you deal with the fur on your furniture? Are leather sofas easier with the fur removal? Mine couch is fabric and the fur just stick to it like glue. I understand all dogs shed and it really isn't the end of the world, I just prefer a couch with as little fur as possible. Porter is brushed almost everyday, bathed every weekend and I can remove a lot of fur this way.

Any tips is much appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't want to crate Porter during the day when I am at work and he stays home by himself. He is a good dog who doesn't chew on my shoes, eat my furniture, pee/poop in the house or any of the other bad things dogs do when left alone for 10 hours. Its just really annoying to come home and wanting to relax on the couch but have to spend 15mins with a lint roller cleaning it first.

Another question, how much of the fur gets into carpet? I have hardwood floors right now but I live in a rental. My husband and I will be buying a house next year, would carpet be ok if I vacuum it every weekend? If Porter keep on shedding on the couch and can't stay off it, I might just have to crate him.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank for all the great tips from everyone! Maybe its time for me to get a furminator. I have other brushes and they seem to remove a lot of fur. I was little worried regarding the furminator because I saw something on animal planet about how it can cut a lot of the fur off (and the animal would get cold or something). But maybe its time for me to order one from amazon since many people seem to use it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ordered a furminator from Amazon along with a few grooming gloves. Hopefully these will help me with the shedding since its almost time to shed the thick winter coat. Fur-nados here we come!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.