Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
We've got a cover on our couch buts that's just to hide the hideous fabric :p! But for the most part we don't worry about the fur. Neither of ours shed too bad. The only time it's a pain is when my husband has to wear his AF blues to work. Then we have to kick them outside so my husband can lint roll his pants and not have them there to put more on in it's place. Every once in a while, I'll comb/brush them out (which takes hours it seems and kills my back) and then give them baths. I'd say I do this about once a month. I then vacuum and take the couch cover off, the cover off the dog bed, the towels we've got to cover the loveseat which they've torn, and any bedding they happen to be using at that point in time in their crates and wash them all! Or if I don't feel like throwing everything in the wash I'll use the attachment on the vacuum and just vacuum everything. We've pretty much learned to deal with it. We mainly wash all the covers and everything else when we've got company coming over. Luckily most of our guests are dog lovers and don't mind a few hairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.