Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm actually allergic to dogs. I've had asthma since I was a kid, but it's well under control and I've been doing allergy shots for 15 years (off and on). So the dog doesn't bother me - maybe just a little itching in the eyes.
BUT, that doesn't mean that one day it won't, so I'm pretty anal when it comes to cleaning the house. I don't want to trigger the allergy so I make sure Squishy gets a good brushing at least 3 times a week.
Also, everyday when I get home from work (after a 20-30 minute belly rub and kissing session with Squishy) I vacuum all the rooms Squish was in during the night and day, including the couch. We keep her restricted to the laundry room, kitchen and living room - so it's only 3 areas to clean daily. I know that's not a option time-wise for everyone, but it really seems to keep the fur at bay. Right now she doesn't seem to be shedding much at all, but during the fall and I imagine in spring I'll be vacuuming twice a day to keep all that fur off the couch and everything else.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.