Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Leather couches are way easier to keep clean than upholstered. But when my dogs were allowed on the leather sofa, I still put a blanket over it to keep them from marking up the leather (it's "distressed" looking and very easily distressed!). Wood is easier to keep clean than carpet, but I worry too much about them hurting their backs from slipping so I have carpet. I would recommend you get a carpet that does not have loops, which not only traps hair but also can catch on the dogs' nails. I have a Dyson vaccuum, which does a much better job of picking up hair and dander than my old Hoover. And I have a Furminator brush that works great. I keep an empty kleenex box nearby to dispose of the hair when I brush Lightning. The plastic "lips" that make up the opening are great at pulling the hair off your fingers and keeping the hair in the box. Those are my tips. (And I don't consider myself anal at all about hair!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.