Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going against ALL my convictions re putting coats on Bassets ;) I have come to the conclusion that it's really not fair to have 3 coats, of varying use and thickness, for my Whippet and poor Frankie, now just over 8 (where do the years go), has none. Especially given his structural problems now. Does anybody have any names of manufacturers in the UK (only please) who I can source online, for an unlined mack for him. He's a very long boy - 28" from withers to croup (which is roughly 70 cm) and unlike my Whippet coats, obviously his topline is dead straight, rather than curved, so a Greyhound coat wouldn't fit really.

Help?

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JohnD - unfortunately Frankie is a lengthy boy and needs a 28"/70 cm length coat which I've now found!! That one looks nice and isn't quite as expensive as the one I've bought, from the Hyperdrug website. Remains to be seen whether it fits and/or he likes wearing it!

ps. Another contact over here has kindly offered one she had for her boy but I'm not sure it will fit either although if it does, I can always do with two!!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the coat idea

More on the coat idea...... I bought one from Hyperdrug (UK) which arrived this morning. It's a really lovely, well made coat, a grey check BUT when I put it on, chest and length - fine. But it was the drop - it hung down almost to his feet!!! It looked like what a horse would wear in a joust. :eek: And he'd not MOVE with it on. Pity - it's gone back.

Hoping the other one I've been offered does fit!! Otherwise he may have to just get wet!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
FranksMum.
What does he think of it, Lucas was disgusted!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts