Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My basset 'Cosmo' has been acting weird as of late. It seems he gets up around 4am and he whines a little and then he will let out a weird long bey,not the normal 'BOOOOOO" but more like a steady moan. At first I thought he was hurt but after checking him out he was fine. He is not fixed so I wonder if maybe there is a dog in heat somewhere on our block and he is just reacting to it. Note: he doesnt do this every night.

Mike

·
Registered
12,957 Posts
I wonder if maybe there is a dog in heat somewhere on our block and he is just reacting to it. Note: he doesnt do this every night.
Mike[/b]
FWIW My harrrier who was not nueter until two and up untill that time when anybitch in the vicinity was in heat would stop eating etc. He is the only one of mine that is prone to late nite howling excursions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW My harrrier who was not nueter until two and up untill that time when anybitch in the vicinity was in heat would stop eating etc. He is the only one of mine that is prone to late nite howling excursions.[/b]

We have a female pitbull next door and I have caught him standing up against the wall talking with her. When she sees him she does these little whimpers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My basset 'Cosmo' has been acting weird as of late. It seems he gets up around 4am and he whines a little and then he will let out a weird long bey,not the normal 'BOOOOOO" but more like a steady moan. At first I thought he was hurt but after checking him out he was fine. He is not fixed so I wonder if maybe there is a dog in heat somewhere on our block and he is just reacting to it. Note: he doesnt do this every night.
Mike[/b]
Maybe he needs to go to the bathroom? My dog does it pretty normally, does it sound like a "wee, wee, wee, hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!"? He does when he needs to go to the bathroom, or when he wants to get out of his crate and play.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I suspect there is a bitch in season somewhere within a five radius! Is there a reason Cosmo isn't neutered?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our basset (a fixed girl) Bailey, has been getting up around 3 or 4am because she needs to poop, though it's not everynight. She's never been vocal one, but she somethings makes strange noises to get our attention (we are not amused by this nightly excursions into 2 feet of snow!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts