Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are new basset parents! Duncan and Dugan are 11 weeks old. They are playful and sweet and always after each other - except when they're sleeping all tangled up together. And talk about cute!

We were wondering if anyone has experienced the problem we're having with our dogs' front claws wearing almost down to the quick since we started taking walks on the pavement. This occurs most prominently on the claw that is second in from the outside. Our walks are just around the block and once they get going they're good with it.

Thanks!

Double Trouble

·
Registered
773 Posts
Actually, this is a good way to keep the nails short, as long as they don't bleed all over the place. I wouldn't worry about it......

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I got my new Basset 3 weeks ago, her claws were ridiculously long. I planned to have them trimmed when she went to her first grooming session a week later but within just a few days her claws were worn down to the length they were supposed to be. This was also the result of taking walks on pavement. They haven't worn down any further than they did in that first week. As long as your puppies claws don't show any signs of bleeding, I wouldn't worry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts