Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Basset's urine smells skunky. When I found him 4 years ago as a stray, I just thought it was because he hade an unfortunate occurance with a skunk, but it hasn't gotten better. I changed his diet several times. It is not unbearable, and he is fine with a wipedown every day or two. No one I know has heard of this. Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the board Earlsy and Gooseman! :D Now you must post Pictures for everyone! :D
Sorry I dont know anything about skunky pee.

·
Registered
939 Posts
if you think it smells bad you should taste it!!!!!! yuck!!!! :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by sas1184:
Welcome to the board Earlsy and Gooseman!   :D   Now you must post Pictures for everyone!   :D  
Sorry I dont know anything about skunky pee.
Thanks sas- You sounnd like a really nice person :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Barbara Winters:
Abnormal odor can be from certain medications, foods, or may indicate a health problem.  What does your vet say?
No health problems, vet checked and AOK. His diet is excellent with very little people food. Doesn't seem to matter what brand of food. Intensity of odor varies, but is never unbeareable. I'll keep wiping him down. It's ok that he's a stinky little guy.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome to Cyberhound! If the vet has checked and found no problems, it may just be something you might have to learn to live with...I know my Raymond is a stinky boy, despite all we do to make him smell like a rose! So we just tell everyone it's his own particular perfume...eau de Raymond...

Please do post pics of your boy!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Pinehawk -- you certainly do have some unusual methods of diagnosing health problems in your dogs !!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts