Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Bit late in replying but you could go for a mix of both, being the proud owner of a very bossy Bagle you get the best and worst of both breeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One other thing you should know - bassets absolutely do not fetch. If you throw a ball they might get it once. Maybe even bring it back (or maybe not). But if you take it away and throw it again, they will just look at you like "well, I guess you really don't want it, since you keep throwing it away. I certainly won't go get it for you again."

I've had three bassets. They were all extremely smart, very sneaky, kind of tricky. And none of them played by fetching.
My girl loves playing fetch but she's only five months old and I'm not throwing the ball real far. But after a couple dozen times or so, she flops down like she's totally exhausted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Likewise our Bailey, 7 1/2 months, loves to play fetch. She'll actually bring us one of her toys (squeaky* duck, goose, wiener dog, Mr. Bill whatever she happens to like at that moment) and put it at our feet and wait for us to throw. She'll do this for hours, if we're game. We usually stop before she does.

Throwing something for our 8 year old, Dee Dee, and she'll just look at us like we're frickin' crazy.

*Of course, she and/or Dee Dee have already surgically removed the squeaker and all the stuffing. :lol:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts