Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from Pet Loss forum and ok to cross post- Donna does not know how to contact our rescue groups for help. She has been very active in saving the lives of numerous dogs on Roatan- She flies all her pets to Houston for all their vet care- if anyone is able to help I have her email address or you can reach her through the Pet Loss forum (Sox's mom)

Dear petloss family,

HELP! I just received an email with a picture of this 5 month old male Basset puppy. His name is Jeeves. He was bought in San Pedro Sula, Honduras (mainland) and has all his shots up to one year. His owners are leaving the island of Roatan in a few days and don't want to bother with him, so we are looking for a home for him. I know I am far away, but it is only a 3 hour flight from Houston to Roatan on Saturdays. Continental Airlines has two Saturday flights down here. I know if Jeeves can fit in-plane, the cost is $100 on Continental. If not, Continental ships pets thru PetSafe according to FAA regulations.

If anyone would be interested at all, I would gladly keep Jeeves until you could come down.

I don't know how to get his picture on petloss quickly because Ed usually works with my photos and sends them back in about a week. He is just TOOOO CUTE to be left to the streets.

Jeeves will become a street-dog very shortly. If ANYONE wants an adorable basset puppy, please let me know. I can get health certificates for him to travel. In the meantime, we are running all over the place asking everyone here to adopt him.

I think most all of you know what happens to street dogs here, their lives are extremely short and they are physically abused. Once again, the only reason we don't want to take him is because of ZERO VET CARE, or should I say BAD VET CARE here. I have enough love in my heart, but just fear he will need a vet and there is not one.

Not only could you pick Jeeves up, you could swim in turquoise blue waters, snorkel, scuba, get a winter TAN. I'm trying here. Put on your shorts and sandals and have a winter's break and head to Roatan.

Donna (Sox's Mom)
My email is: [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Donna,
I'll be glad to give Jeeves a permanent Forever home. If you can get hom to Houston, I've got the Houston Basset Rescue available to take him in and then fly him to me in VA. I have a 1 year old Female, already fixed Basset that would love to have a brother to play with.
Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts