Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Apparently she is a little thin but seems to be getting along rather well and is doing just fine back at my breeder's home. She will be staying there to live from now on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Because after hearing what happened she decided it best that the owner not be trusted with her.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought they thought it was an accident? Charlie sometimes slips out of her collar.. luckily she hasn't gotten very far. I am glad she is safe, I just feel sorry for the owners!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Because after hearing what happened she decided it best that the owner not be trusted with her.
Best decision.... that is exactly what I think should have been done... whether the puppy escaped from the leash or not, my personal opinion is that the owner was negligent and surely a young puppy, and all dogs, should have been held more securely by its owner. The breeder of my Bassets would have done the same and had the dog back in his care and not let irresponsible people have any of his dogs!

Aww here's another lost Basset! :( http://www.classifiedads.com/pet_lost_and_found-ad3047106.htm

Maybe if dogs slip out of their collars they should wear a harness for the lead to be attached to for safety!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I just saw little Martha yesterday and while she is thin she is looking fantastic and was very freindly as she ran up to me to be pet. She's very happy being back at my breeder's home and I think that's the best place for her.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.