Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just heard that one of my breeder's puppies who was just recently rehomed has gone missing. She is located in the Bayview area of WI. If any of you see her please contact Jane Baetz of Olde Fashion bassets. She's very scared of strangers and her family is frantic right now. I'm posting a link to the add on Craig's list about it.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/laf/1829015942.html

Please help Crosspost. Martha is such a sweet little girl and her family and her extended family is worried sick.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awww poor wee puppy!! :( Sorry, but I have to say it's irresponsible to allow a puppy to escape from her home and if I was the breeder I would be asking to get her back! I hope she is returned safely.

How can anybody allow a very young Basset puppy to escape because they have no road sense (none of mine ever have) and if she's afraid of strangers, she may well run into danger if someone tries to approach her!!!

Let's hope she is found and returned safely to her home.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww poor wee puppy!! :( Sorry, but I have to say it's irresponsible to allow a puppy to escape from her home and if I was the breeder I would be asking to get her back! I hope she is returned safely.

How can anybody allow a very young Basset puppy to escape because they have no road sense (none of mine ever have) and if she's afraid of strangers, she may well run into danger if someone tries to approach her!!!

Let's hope she is found and returned safely to her home.
Obviously they didn't allow her to be lost. She is lost with her leash attached it simply slipped from the owners hand and I imagine with all the idiots shooting off fireworks in every direction on the 4th she had no idea where to run for safety. No word yet on any news so no sightings as of yet. She is microchipped and is wearing her collar and rabies tags. What worries me is that someone has snatched her up and doesn't want to give her back... how could you do that to someone?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
The owner should put together flyers that say the dog needs medication. That worked when my family lost a dog when I was young. Good luck to the family.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I really hope they find her. I read the craigslist posting. Are they offering a reward? That might help. Make a facebook page to help spread the word and get the puppy's picture out there. Contact every veterinary office in the area. Also, Home Again microchipping is suppose to help with the search (If that's what they have). Not sure if they really follow through though. Someone would definitely steal a purebred basset, which is a terrible thought. Here is a website that suggested contacting the police department.

What to Do If You Lose Your Pet : The Humane Society of the United States

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think they used the same chip as I have and that's AVID. No word yet so who knows if there ever will be. It's been 4 days now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There is also a lost and found section on petfinder.com. Also I know it's obvious but make sure they contact every shelter in the area, even reaching farther than they think she would go.

I agree with Lightning, too. Say the dog needs medication and someone is more likely to bring her back when they otherwise would have kept her. All of my dogs' ID tags say "Needs Medication". You can also try an ad in the paper with this information. A puppy that young probably didn't make it too far though, so flyers in the neighborhood may be the best shot.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If it was me, I'd contact the loacl radio stations and ask the DJs to announce that the poor wee
Basset pup is missing and where he was last seen and his 'need for medication' could be mentioned!!!

I hope whoever has the puppy is very caring!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just went to petfinder and didn't see any lost dog area. Where do I find it. Would like to post it there and try and help if you can tell me where I need to go. Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They have her posting up there. Thanks though... nice to know it's available.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
My boy Gibbs was picked up by animal control as a stray, no one claimed him and that's how I got him. It still boggles my mind how someone didn't come looking for him, he's such a sweet boy.

=( I hope she is found. It's heartbreaking to lose a family member I'm sure.

~Heather

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are now offering a reward hoping that someone will come forward. Poor little Martha is such a sweet little girl and may be out there scared and hungry. I hope they find her soon, we are all worried sick.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If she doesn't get found and handed back to her owner, I just hope a very caring Basset lover has got Martha
as it's too upsetting to think that she's wandering around lost and starving hungry... the poor wee pup! :(

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
She's been found. I have no info yet and where but she's been found. Thank you all for your well wishes and thoughts I know that's what brought her home.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's great news that she's been found!

~Heather

1 - 20 of 30 Posts