Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message has just been received by the organiser of our local Basset Hound Meetup group:

"I had some business at the San jose animal shelter today and I noticed a beautiful brindle bassett hound there that is up for adoption.  Perhaps one of your members could help find a nice home for this dog or is there a bassett hound rescue group around to look into this matter."

Does anyone know if there is a local Basset Hound Rescue Group for San Jose, CA? Or anyone out there who could consider seeing this dog and considering adoption?

Wish I could consider getting another Basset myself.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great news. I couldn't find him on their web site when I searched before, but I didn't know how "new" this basset was. If he's not there, it must mean he's already on his way to somewhere better....

Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently he has been adopted out already, but it's the second time he's been in the shelter. He suffers from an extreme separation anxiety and the previous adopters couldn't deal with the howling whenever they left. Sure hope his new family are prepared to deal with it. Maybe they are able to stay home with him a lot.

The shelter didn't believe any rescue organization contacted them. Our local basset group will try and keep an eye on the shelter in case he does return. I know I'll be checking their web site regularly.

Thanks for the help anyway!

Addy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts