Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, another basset in rescue to report on. This basset at the Collin County Humane Society (north suburbs of Dallas) is fighting for her life and I'm sure would benefit from some good basset loving vibes coming her way:
Rosie

From the page:
UPDATE 11/19/10
Rosie has been in and out of the hospital. She spent a night in the ER after she became deathly ill late one night last week. She was then transferred to our regular vet where she spent the next 4 days on an IV. The Drs said that her hookworm infestation was so bad that her intestines are having a hard time adjusting to the damage the worms did. The vet did a barium enema to help coat her intestines so they have time to repair. She began eating and drinking wonderfully and then today, she was admitted to the hospital again for persistent vomiting. Poor Rosie is a fighter and CCHS will do everything we can to help save her life.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE 12/5/10
Rosie is doing AWESOME! She is putting on weight and her ribs are no longer sticking out! She has made it over the hump and on the road to a long wonderful life! All she needs now is a forever home!
Glad to hear it

·
Registered
878 Posts
Aww HOW CAN ANYONE POSSIBLY BE SO CRUEL IN NOT CARING FOR A BEAUTIFUL BASSET HOUND - these stories just upset me so much and make me very angry!!! I truly hope this beautiful girl will recover and be well and if she was near me I would adopt her and love her as would my Bassets!

Lots of love to dear Rosie xx

·
Registered
761 Posts
She looks so much better! I hope she finds a family to love her for the rest of her life.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awwh, Rosie is beautiful......what a change, hoping she finds a wonderful and deserving furever home very soon :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
What a pretty girl; good to know she is doing better, and I hope she finds her forever home.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wanted to let you know she has recovered and has been adopted :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts