Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 5 1/2 month old Basset "Annie" is in heat at such a young age...it's been 11 days now...when will it end...? how long will it last???...I have to have her on the leach 24/7 ...I've had dogs all my life but they were pretty much all males so I'm not used to this :huh: she used to be a little angel and now seems her whole character changed from being house trained to now peeing on my daughters bed...here is a pic of the little devil..we were waken up at 1:30 in the morning from stray dogs roaming the yard..sorry to vent but just anxious to get it over with...oh forgot to ask..how will I know her heat is finished ? by counting days or ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My new 5 1/2 month old Basset "Annie" is in heat at such a young age...it's been 11 days now...when will it end...?[/b]

to keep you updated...my Annie is NOW going through a false pregnancy...I thought it was loose skin when a friend touched her teets and milk skirted out...I've contacted my vet and says nothing much can be done but to keep an eye on her if any hard lumps dont go down to bring her in for antibiotics...
Anybody elses basset go through this :huh: I do plan on having her spayed but will she do this at every heat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am anxiously waiting for her teets to get back to normal so I can have her spayed :mellow:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts