Basset Hounds Forum banner

Basset hunting in the UK.....

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MomosMum 
#1 ·

I hope this will load but I came across this when messing around on here ... Obviously a 'new ' pack back in 2015.

#3 · (Edited)
Purebred - as said a lot of this new Pack were drafted in from the Westerby which were certainly not purebred Basset. And it's fairly obvious that some of the hounds in this video are not. Many of the Westerby hounds had what was called puddin' or bucket heads!! However originally one of the few 'purebred' Packs in the UK were the Albany which were purebred, and frequently used show stud dogs in their breeding (for free!).

Sadly that all changed when for various reasons, the Albany split from the BHC, something many of us were sad about.

In fact before that happened, we were approached to use one of our hounds, Bellman, who was sired by Am Ch. Strathalbyn Lugano of Ambrican during the time he was here in the UK - he having done 2 seasons with the Strathalbyn before going into the ring and taking his American title. Although shown for a short time in the UK, Lugano never made a UK title when here sadly. Although I said yes to Bellman being used, it never happened, and I wasn't really upset as, all too often, it's the stud dog that gets blamed for problems, regardless of whether that's true. I didn't need that!

I thought it might be interesting to put that link on here as there's nothing like the sound of a Basset pack in full cry, in my opinion.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.