Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think we can all agree that our pooches are always underfoot. No matter where I am in the house or what I am doing, (especially in the kitchen!), mine always seems attached to my feet. That's why his name is Socks I guess :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining, especially on chilly nights like tonight! What's your dog's relationship with you and your feet, love, hate, neutral? Or do you even let them near your feet?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Gibbs doesn't really pester our feet too much. Lily on the other hand is always underfoot, or licking feet...yuck!

~Heather

·
Registered
47 Posts
:p Maxwell is always underfoot! I frequently trip over him when I don't realize he's there. It reminds me of when my son was a toddler and followed me everywhere I went in the house. When I'm standing at the counter in the bathroom or kitchen for a while, he will lay on my feet. He's only four months old and 20 lbs., I keep thinking when he's 60 or 70 lbs. how heavy he'll be laying on my feet!! It makes me wonder what he's thinking when he's following me around, like he wants to make sure he doesn't miss anything good - like food. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
When Lucy was a pup, she liked to hanging on our shoe laces but didn't bother them on the shoes when we weren't wearing them.

When she was stalking someone for a walk, she targeted feet and made sure she was in proper position for us to trip over her at every turn.

In her older years, she just liked snuggling up to any body part, usually started out at the head end of the bed but ended up at the foot end of the bed by morning!

Great winter time bed warmer! We miss our snuggle puppy!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mattie just says under my feet all the time. I turn around and there she is. We trip over her all the time. If I leave the room, Mattie is sure to follow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, we are all to familiar with this topic in Snickersland as well...we're always so scared that we are going to trip over her and ending up hurting ourselves and/or her! As far as the toes, she enjoys nibbling on them from time to time... that is one of the things she did when she picked us out! And she is SO glad that it is barefoot season again:p!

·
Registered
103 Posts
And on another note, speaking of obsessions... I have just recently started an excercise regimen again (had a trip to the doc's, and while on the scale, I was slapped in the face with a not so good number) and anyway, while doing floor excercises ie: pushups, crunches, bicycle etc. my lovely girl smothers me with kisses, and loves to plop down right on my face! Crazy part is, I can't help but laugh, and when I do, she just does it more! What a goofball!

·
Registered
297 Posts
They are just too funny... yeah our dogs see anyone getting down on the floor as an invitation to play with them of to smother you in kisses. They are just so silly. Got to love a basset.

·
Registered
112 Posts
And on another note, speaking of obsessions... I have just recently started an excercise regimen again (had a trip to the doc's, and while on the scale, I was slapped in the face with a not so good number) and anyway, while doing floor excercises ie: pushups, crunches, bicycle etc. my lovely girl smothers me with kisses, and loves to plop down right on my face! Crazy part is, I can't help but laugh, and when I do, she just does it more! What a goofball!
Oh yeah, bassets seem to be very attuned to laughter. Laugh at them just once for something and it almost immediately becomes a permanent behavior. And of course you usually laugh at something you don't really want them to do.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I come home from work and I walk through the front door, Daisy rushes over and she takes her big foot pads and steps on the top of my feet the entire time that I am walking through the foyer hallway!!! She is barking and stepping on the top of my feet with every step. She doesnt do it any other time. Just when I get home from work. Shes a little weirdo. :) :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oops! Sorry my dog buddies, I have been internet-less for a while. :)

Loved reading all of your replies, aren't Bassets just the best?!

I don't mind the whole feet thing to be honest, because I just used it to my advantage to train Socks. For example, I don't even have to take off my own socks! :D

Another advantage though...careful it's gross...is the wet massages. I kid you not he knows the command "Massage!" and he'll be right there licking my feet after a long day of work. I don't care what anyone says, that's heaven on Earth!

I don't tolerate any biting though, playful or any other kind. He bit my 10 year old niece once because her and her friends decided to come in from outside and stick their feet in his water bowl. He ran in and jumped at them to defend his bowl, biting her ankle in the process. So now we're training him that it's okay for family members to put their feet in and around his food. He simply has to sit and wait till they're done. So let's see, a warm soft body for the winter and cool water for our toes in the summer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep. Fergus is under foot most of the time and is a huge foot-licker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Lollypop is always there under foot and as many others have said, usually in the kitchen. I haven't taken a digger yet, but it is inevitable. Hope I don't go down too hard, and most importantly land on Rubber Belly (Lollypop). She's not too much of a foot licker though. She particularly seems to like getting in the way when I am donning pants.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts