Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys down South - once a month there's a Hound walk. We've been on a few and it's a great day with lovely people and lots of gorgeous houndies. Dave the guy that runs it is a real hoot. The next one is 9th September :)
here's the link
Basset Hounds walk programme

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm freaking out! I live out in Germany and there aren't any Basset Walks that I can find. Even if there were, I'm betting I'd have to keep my mouth shut most of the time, since I don't speak much German. SO...I've been looking for walks in the UK, thinking we could make a special trip out there with Olive!

I found a walk that's happening in Alice Holt Forest with the South of England Basset Hound Club on the 21st of October, but then I saw this post of yours and clicked the link. So there's a walk with your group on the 14th of October and then again on November 4th.

October Walk Pros: -no holiday fireworks to spook Olive -5th anniversary walk? cool!

October Walk Con: - that's pretty short notice, especially for my husband, who is military

November Walk Pros: - my birthday is the next day and I wanted to go to the UK for my birthday, so it'd be cool to do two things on one trip - lots of time to plan

November Walk Cons: - like I said, I'd want to be out there for my birthday, but since it's a holiday, I don't know how Olive would do with possible fireworks :/

Any advice?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Olive that would be supercool if you and your peeps came over for a hound walk!

It's a really lovely part of the country. October would probably be better weatherise (ha! you never know here) and prettier with autumnal colours but November could be okay. We're used to sludging around in anything... We'd definitely do whichever suits you (unfortunately without the Izzy).

Fireworks would be on the 5th November mostly. Depends where you stay how much you'll hear them. Here in London there's no getting away from it. But more remote places not as much. There are a lot of dog friendly country inns.
Here's a site I use a lot mostly as they are VERY dog friendly allowing more than one
http://www.dogsinvited.co.uk/index.html

·
Registered
12,871 Posts
I'll just have to try really hard to find an American-friendly Waddle here in Germany, I guess
\

while not strickly a basset event or even a dog event If the Purose is simply toe get olive out. Most if not ll "volksMarches" in germany alwoy dogs and theire are multiple event every weekend year round.

Stuttgart German-American Wandering Club 1972 (SGAWC)

should put you in the right dirrection if you want to get started.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts