Basset Hounds Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have to say, I LOVE the way Lightning smells. I actually bury my face in his coat and breathe deeply. He never really lost his puppy smell. Stomps' odor is not quite so pleasurable, but I still wouldn't say he stinks. And I never bathe them, unless they (or more specifically Lightning) get too close to a skunk. Neither one is a very wrinkly basset, though, so they never developed some of the skin problems that Bassets can be prone too. And I'm careful to feed them dog food that doesn't contain corn. I think if you're able to meet both parents and get a good whiff of their coats, that should be a good indicator of what the puppy will be like.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Great poem! I loved it.
Francis has a "smell" but I love the little guy so much it doesn't bother me. I've asked people who come into the house if they can smell anything and everyone says no, even my parents who can be brutally honest. I clean Francis's ears at least once a week with a damp facecloth and wipe him down regularly with unscented baby-wipes. He never gets bathed.
He also gets soupbones for his teeth and his breath is usually great.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love the smell of my houndie and wouldn't want it any other way.

And don't forget the smell of puppy breath! :)

But for those that don't I would suggest keeping the ears clean. That is where the most of the smell comes from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So we're on our second Basset Hound. Wesley is 9 weeks old & the cutest thing I've ever seen...Aside from our previous Basset Hound, Elvis. & my children of course lol. Wesley does stink. Not an intolerable smell but certainly a noticeable smell. We just moved into our new house 3 months ago and it literally smells like a dog. I'm obviously concerned because I don't want to smell like a dog, my clothes, furniture, etc. We bathe him multiple times a week which I'm told is not good. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? He is on a strict diet & we have cleaned his ears.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I'm sitting at the computer with my nose stuck to Daisy Mae's skin and I don't smell anything. Poor Daisy thinks I'm crazy! She's only 5 months old maybe her "smell" will get worse as she gets older?! My sister-in-law told me about the strong "doggy" smell when I first got her but I haven't experienced it yet. Her breath smells bad, I buy her Breath Busters, and her feet smell, but all our dogs had smelly feet so we're used to that. After two years of no dogs and no smelly feet, I kinda of like having the smell around! I think when you love your dog you love his/her smell!!
My husband says all of our bassets have smelled like Fritos. Not a horrible smell - I kinda like Fritos.:)

·
Registered
shitzu
7 Posts
Are you in Europe and have been looking for cali tins ? https://Calitinblaze.com is an ideal place to buy Cali tins wholesale,buy cali tins online ,weed shop uk,buy cali tins .
At Calitinblaze you can buy pink Runtz online uk,cali tins precision

Cali tins reviews online :Calitinblaze will pop up as the best with thousands positive reviews about it credibility and amazing weed strains .
Smoke weed everyday at Calitinblaze.they go just what you have been looking for .so far ,it is the
The best cali tins shop online .
Where can I buy weed uk
Benefits of weeds
Weed for sale uk
Vape pen wholesale uk
Buy cali tins
Buy cali weed online
Buy cali weed packs online
Buy cali online
Cali weed for sale
Cali weed for sell
Cali weed online