Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone ever use Baset Hound sayings in their daily life or am I just obsessed with my dog? I thought I might add a bit of humor here and share a few of my Baset Hound sayings. I hope they are amusing!

If something is difficult to do...

"Man, it's like hearding a Basset Hound"

Description of depth...

"Yeah we got a snowstorm last night..its about Basset Hound deep" (in other words...not very deep)

Being in a traffic jam...

"I think my Basset Hound moves faster"

That's just a few. If you have any more I would like to add them to my own vocabulary. Mine aren't copywrited so go ahead and use them if you want!

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Those are cute- and as far as being obsessed with your basset....I think they're bred to make that happen!!! - there are probably about 4000 people on this forum in the same situation!! :D :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
that is pretty funny! I think I shall start trying to inject those into my conversations see how many nonbasset people notice. LOL>

A

·
0 Posts
I have occassionally thought some of my co-workers were moving as fast as Sabian would if it were bath time but I have never said it! yvonne

·
Registered
108 Posts
So your obsessed? Well you sure came to the right place!As for me NO I'm not obsessed... not in the least ....no sir ....not me....no way.....no how....nope......

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
When I was eighteen, I was vacationing with my parents in Florida. We always headed south for a time in the winter.
Anyway we were on a little bit of a glass bottom boat tour, in which we saw nothing, as the water a too murky.
However, a pelican landed on the back of the boat, and stayed with us for quite awhile. We thought he was so cute.
We had, at the time, a Basset at home called Brutus.
My dad looked at the pelican and said, They are kind of a 'basset hound of the bird world, aren't they? It was pretty funny, and true, I thought! :D

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Every year many places have a "Basset Waddle". Every day of the year Francis and I have a "Basset Dawdle"
Once when I was complaining about not getting enough aerobic walking my co-worker said, "I thought you said you walk your dog every day for an hour!"

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now do you count the "waddles per hour", or do you just keep your time to a distnce measurement...with a Basset hound, that's measure in feet not miles.

As for Kenworth, my own BH, I affacionately call him "my favorite couch anchor."

By the way I never say Basset Hound ouloud, I always refer to him as my BH.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ah, I don't know... basset can move pretty fast... If they feel like it. The problem is if they feel like it. Every year at BHRG's Basset Bash they have a 40 meter basset dash, and the ones that wins go pretty fast, covering the distance in about 3 hours or so :D No in all actuality it is 10 or 15 seconds.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Yup, we always refer and compare our bassets to things around us, all the time!

- I am hungry like a basset
- My hubby always tells me that I have a nose like hounds (Cause my nose is really sensitive to smell)
- I am obsessed with foods, just like my hounds.
- At Pier 39 in San Francisco, often there are hundred of seals. You could hear them from far away. Basset hounds are seals without flipper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts