Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I at my wits end.. I have a 4 year old female .. I have always had golden retrievers.. but got a basset when she was a puppy … EVERYTIME I go to work 5-6 days out of the week if I leave .. she pees!!!!’ They long way I can get her not to pee inside is to put a soft mussel on her. She pees on the rug by the back door or by the front or any in the kitchen. I hate to have to put a mussel on her everyday I leave but if I don’t she will pee.. and go right for the garbage .. with or without food in it .. I could walk her to my kids bus stop and she pees .. go to work, and she will still pee in the house .. but if I do the same thing and then mussel her … she won’t ! It’s sooo frustrating and I don’t get this behavior.. anyone .. help…
I agree, the garbage is an easy fix. Just put it somewhere she can’t get to it. For the peeing, does she have a way to get outside to go potty? If she is home all day while you work, that’s a long time to have to hold it. I have a doggy door for my boy. Also, Id recommend exercising her in the morning before you leave. If you tire her out, she’ll be less likely to get into trouble and if it’s separation anxiety it may help with that too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts