Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to give our basset hound mix Clementine to a good home. We got Clemmie from the Tri-State basset rescue in PA four years ago. (we live in NJ) So far, they have not had been able to find a new home for her. So, I wanted to put out a personal appeal.

We are doing this with great saddness, but we know that its best for Clementine and our family. The main reason we are giving her away is that she and our other basset Winston do not get along. They are both alpha personalities, and neither one will give up the title of top dog. While no one has gotten hurt, they bicker and fight all the time. We have done everything to make things better, but we now realize that this is just not going to work.

Overall Clementine is a great dog. We just strongly believe she belongs in a home with no other pets or a home with another dog that is very submissive and doesn't care. Clemmie has lots of energy and loves to explore our backyard and our neighborhood on walks. She is crated trained as well. We don't have kids yet, but she seems to like them and they love her. I will say that she was abused by her previous male owner and seems to have issues with some men. However, we have worked on that with success, and I'm confident that she will be fine on that account. If you know anyone interested in a basset hound, please let me know. We really want to find a new home as soon as possible so that she can have a happy life.

Thanks,
Amy
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Amy- in your post "Needs Help" in the General Discussion section, you said that Clementione had serious aggression issues and had bitten your husband.

Aggressive dogs who are passed along to others often end up abused and neglected. There are also legal issues to consider when re-homing a known biter.

Since you got her from Tri-State, I think they need to be involved in this.

I think your heart is in the right place, and I really do wish you luck with this situation. Having managed an aggressive dog for many years, 24/7 (not Murray!) I do understand what you are going through. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear what you are saying. She lightly bit my husband awhile back but never broke the skin. In fact, she is much better with my husband and overall accepts his dominance. We have contacted the rescue and they didn't seem to have an issue with it. They are looking to find her a new home as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts