Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES! It's 'THAT' time of year already!

To continue a yearly tradition, the 'Basset Hound Holiday Card Exchange 2006' is taking off.

- What is the Basset Hound Holiday Card Exchange (BHHCE)?

The BHHCE is a yearly tradition of Cyberhound. Participating members of the BHHCE send Holiday Cards to eachother. Most of us create custom made cards with pictures of our 'Slobber Slingers', but any card will do.

- When?

The name says it all... Holiday Card. Cards should be sent in December, just in time for the Holiday season.
You can sign up till November 15th. Final lists will be sent out round November 20th.
If you enrolled but changed address, or want to withdraw, please notify me before November 15th. Any modification after this date will be impossible.

- Who

Anyone can participate, but keep in mind that participating costs a bit of money. Last year we had 58 participants. This means 58 cards, 58 envelopes, and 58 stamps, some of them international mail (participants from the UK, Belgium, Norway, Sweden,...).

- How

To enroll, please send the folowing data to [email protected]

* Your Basset's name(s)
* Your complete address exactly as it should figure on the envelope (this is important, as in different countries there are different ways of writing addresses, we don't want any cards to get lost in the mail or arrive late)
* ONLY use [email protected] for any communication about the BHCC. DO NOT POST your personal data on the forum.

You will receive confirmation of the receipt of your data soon after you sent it. If you don't receive a confirmation within 24hours, please PM me on the forum.

This is an example of a 'Holiday card Exchange' of 2 years ago. (hmmm, don't remember who's wall it is, just give a yell if you recognise your wall so I can put your name on it :) )

Have fun taking those pics for the cards:)

Patrick

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

Here is my Basset door of cards in our kitchen. It was great fun to get all the wonderful cards, neighbors and family loved seeing the cards, and each one was so special and brought smiles to our faces at a very difficult Christmas. We lost Bubba, on Dec. 20th, and these cards helped brighten our lonely days without him.
Those of us who participated in 2005 remember well how special those cards were. We remember the cards cheering "Corvuss" wife, Jeannie, in the hospital and their story of little Charles Stanley and Bubba's card. For you new forum members you can read this yourselves and you will be inspired by the power of our forum Christmas cards. Just do a "Search" on "Christmas Cards" with "corvuss" as the author and you will be amazed and your eyes will fill with tears as you read these touching stories.
Do join in the fun.
Connie

Arooos from Bogie!!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
The exchange is something I look forward to each holiday season. I've saved all my Basset cards since the first year. 8) I keep each year's cards in a marked envelope and I take them out every now and then when I need a smile. Some are clever, some are funny, some are cute, but ALL are a treasure!

Terry :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
YIKES !!

It cant be that time of year already. We just took our Basset photo door down last month ! We liked it so much that we hung it on the inside of the storeroom door.

[/img]

J

·
0 Posts
I just read the posts about the cards & Bubba and Charles... now I am all into doing the card exchange this year! I've done it in years past, but I think I took the last 2 years off - I got married a few weeks before the deadline in '04 and just couldn't make it, then in '05 I couldnt access this site at work so I hardly ever was able to visit.

I'm doing the card exchange this year & now I am determined to come up with the goofiest, funniest or most unique card out there! Look out for José in December! :p
Lisa

·
Registered
27 Posts
Holiday card's

I know I have not been posting, But wow this sounds like a lot of fun. I cant wait to do this with you all!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
come on! Only 21 addresses untill now!

We WANT to break last year's record!

Keep those addresses coming at [email protected]

You will receive an aknowledgement within 24hours. If not, please send a PM on the board.

Patrick

·
Registered
35 Posts
I catch so much grief because I send out Christmas cards for Baxter but not for the humans. I am so much more excited to get forum friends Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanza, and season greetings than pictures of two leggers any day! :rolleyes: Oh well, I suppose I can do both, but push come to shove, I make sure Baxter's are out before our own! Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Beverly Anne or Betsy,

Can you make this thread a sticky again for all of the new members to see so they can join? I've already joined the list and can't wait to see all the great cards. It would be great if all the new members would join as well. :p

It's only 119 days to Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi everyone, I don't write very often but I read several times a day. I love the pictures and the notes on the 4 legged babies. Last year was our first year to join the holiday card exchange, but since Charlie was just a tiny baby the year before we didn't get to participate. I am looking forward to seeing all the cards. And it's neat to see Charlie in the pictures on your doors. Now just how fun is that-----

Have a great evening. Carol

·
Registered
134 Posts
It has become the question most asked around Xmas time - "How many Basset cards do you have?" More people get a good chuckle when they see it. It is my favorite thing about Xmas - can't wait. Alas, no Huck on the boat pics this year - will have to think of something else. :unsure:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It has become the question most asked around Xmas time - "How many Basset cards do you have?" More people get a good chuckle when they see it. It is my favorite thing about Xmas - can't wait. Alas, no Huck on the boat pics this year - will have to think of something else. :unsure:
[/b]
Why not 'Huck on the couch', 'Huck on the porch', 'Huck on the carpet', .... :)

25 addresses today.... Only a few weeks left before closure of the list!

Patrick

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Please direct all inquiries, questions and requests regarding the Hoiiday Card Exchange to [email protected] or PM Patrick (puttemanp). Do not use the forum for personal inquiries. These will be deleted. Patrick doesn't read the board everyday and he has requested that you contact him by email or PM. Also be patient if you do not hear within 24 hours as he may be away. Please be patient. We are lucky that Patrick has voluntered his time and services once again. Thanks Patrick!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bumping this up to say that I haven't had much time last week to keep the list up to date (new job, running around the (small) country).

I'll update the list this weekend and send out acknowledgements to the new subscriberes.

It's not too late, keep the addresses coming!

Patrick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts