Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright now. We're in NY... Binghamton area. There is going to be a basset hound field trial, May 3 and 4. Its at the Broome County Beagle Club on Honey Hollow Road in Windsor NY (on the NY/PA line).
Killer (more commonly known as Leo, pictured below) expects your attendance.
We're gonna have food and bassets. no experience necessary, no "junk" required, no akc needed, just bassetyness.
2 fully fenced in rabbit play areas... yes because bassets LOVE playing (tracking) with bunnies.
Be there.

Totally basset hound fun time.

...and :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Here's a chance for any basset to have some time running loose in the fields and maybe find a bunnie. Check the performance events section to see what Pinkwhip and others think of this type of event. Any basset can join the fun and we will have time to take novices out for training with experienced hounds. There will probably be about 20 to 30 hounds. and I hear there are a good supply of rabbits.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here's a chance for any basset to have some time running loose in the fields and maybe find a bunnie. Check the performance events section to see what Pinkwhip and others think of this type of event. Any basset can join the fun and we will have time to take novices out for training with experienced hounds. There will probably be about 20 to 30 hounds. and I hear there are a good supply of rabbits.[/b]

Oh I'd love to go! I'm near Rochester, and originally from the Syracuse area of NY. I had no idea there was a basset event so close by :p
I'll have to see what my fiance has going on for work, but if we can make it, we're going!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm in the Rochester area too...and wish it was just a tad bit closer. There is no way I can be there on the saturday, but I'm going to try my hardest to get there on that Sunday and see what Bogie can do with a bunny around.

Dealia, if you are really interested in tracking. DOTCORNY (dog obedience training club of rochester) is having a tracking workshop this weekend. I'm hoping they do it again over the summer, because I can't make it this weekend, but I've been told they have a tracking class there from time to time.

http://www.dotcorny.com/index.php?option=c...9&Itemid=54
if that link doesnt take you directly to it, just go to the main website, and click on events.

Do you take your basset to any of the parks around Rochester? We usually go to Ellison, Cobbs, or Highland (especially now, since the whole park will smell like lilacs soon enough)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hope both of you can make it ---the grounds are fully fenced, so we can't lose any basset --- at least not for long. We will have time to take dogs out to run and have fun after the hunt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts