Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I am brand new to this forum.
Last month my husband and I got a 3 y/o basset. She is a wonderful sweet baby and we all adore her so much!
Hubbs and I have always wanted a BH, unfortunately our last old girl (13y/o lab) Quinn passed away many months ago and after some time we decided we wanted to get either a standard poodle or a golden retriever. We saw a sweet looking BH posted and went for it, truly she’s been a sweet wonderful addition to our family and our daughter LOVES her so much. We’re so glad we got her!
Even though we have this sweet baby, we still want to add either a golden or a poodle and are having a hard time deciding which breed to get. So sorry this is long winded, didn’t meant for it to be.
Anyway, I guess my question is, does anyone have experience with these other breeds and have thoughts/recommendations? We have read a LOT about both breeds and to be honest the more we read the harder it seems to make any decision. Reading can only get you so far, living with the different breeds is the best way to really know how it will be.
Thanks for reading and any thoughts/opinions on this! :)

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
either can work but they are very different from a bassset hound One of of the basset hound we bred lives well with a standard poodle, it is all about the individual dogs than and breed difference in how they get along,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts