Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I have a question for all of you experts. My Duncan had had the ulner osteotomy about 6 months ago because he had shoulder dysplasia, etc. He seemed to be better but now it seems when he walks he rols on his front ankles. Its almost like when we humans step wrong and roll our ankles. But he is doing it all the time, causing him to have a slight limp. When he sits in front of me you can see his ankles wobbling. He just turned a year old. I have a call in to the Orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery but I want to know if this is a common basset thing. I am concerned that he is going to end up with arthritis in his ankles from the constant friction. Any thoughts? Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
He might be knuckled over. It's like the dog is double jointed in the wrist area (pastern). For bassets, being knuckled is a disqualifying fault. One of my pet bassets was knuckled and had few problems related to it, other than having trouble holding a long sit in the obedience ring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts