Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So I took Charlie to dogfest 2010 in Sun Prairie, WI just a few weeks ago. It is put on by Mounds Pet Food Warehouse. Charlie got to meet a handful of bassets there! It was great! There were tents set up for doggy daycares, dog rescues, and pet food suppliers.

While we were there we went to the Basset Buddies (a basset rescue that takes in dogs from WI, IL, and MN) tent. They told us about basset fest in late August that takes place around Milwaukee. I think we may check it out. I guess you just pay per basset and then people get in for free!

Has anyone been before? Just wondering how it is! Share your experiences please if you have them!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes we have been there every year but the first year. This will be our 6th or 7th I think. I forget now but we love going. It's a blast and well worth the trip. We only ever make it on Saturday as we are all too wiped out to make it on Sunday. The bassets love it. I always take flack for going too as it's the same day as a BHCA regional specialty show put on by a neighboring club... but I always tell them that my Roxie gets to be a show dog all the rest of the year but that day alone she gets to be just another basset having fun with all the other bassets.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts