Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sebi is an *active* dreamer. He seems to be running, he mumbles & moos, he flops around, and all while fast asleep on the couch. It is actually very amusing. Is this something people see in their own bassets, or am I just lucky for this free entertainment?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper is also a very active dreamer. He wiggles,snorts and even sometimes arooos as loud as possible and never wakes ups.I don't let him on the bed to sleep because I am afraid he will flop off. He sometimes wakes up and looks at us like he doesn't know why we are laughing.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Couldn't resist reposting this: :)

Basset Dreams (loosely based on a true story )

Today I felt like I had died
I was feeling just that lousy
So I laid down, Duke at my side
He too, was feeling drowsy

It didn't take long, we nodded off
adrift, each one, in our dreams
cosy and warm,.. the bed was soft,
the duvet was in blues and greens

soon Duke interrupted my bliss
I heard him moan so low...
I quickly new something was amiss
as his moans began to grow

He began to violently twitch
there was a jerking of his feet
I thought perhaps he had an itch,
after all he was fast asleep!

Then up he jumped, fast as can be
just like his usual habit
only to find the pillow in his teeth
was not a big old rabbit!

Sandy 2005

·
Registered
813 Posts
George "runs" and talks in his sleep, too. Every dog I've had has done that, no matter the breed. If I think it's a nightmare, I wake him up, but if it's just a regular dream, I just laugh.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dog Kenworth dreams like this as well. He is also very vocal, moaning and groaning whether you are petting him (likes) washing him (hates) or is jealous of his brother and sister.

He is going to a new Pet Groomer on Wednesday and I had to warn her about his habit. He's not growling, he's a very lovable dog, he's just VERY vocal which some people take as growling.

A

·
0 Posts
Ruby wags in her sleep a lot. A couple of times she'll bark, wake up and wonder who made that barking noise! ha! Her feet can move in sleep...we say that she's chasing rabbits...not that she's seen once since she was a puppy tho.

Our Ruby is VERY vocal....so of course you just know she makes all sorts of noises when sleeping. From both ends...if you get my drift.

tee hee :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Once ours fall asleep that's it. They don't move until they wake up. But they get plenty of rabbits and squirrels to chase in our backyards while they are awake. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sebi must be chasing all those squirrels I (tragically!) won't let him chase down in the park. Ignores every other non-human living thing save the squirrels. He carries a serious vendetta against them.

And Sandy, that poem was great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts