Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barty thought it would be a great idea to eat 1 pound of M&Ms and half a bag of mini-Reese's peanut butter cups. Well I called the vet and she said that unless that it was within the last hour we would just have to wait it out; she also informed us that 5lbs. for a 60lb. dog is the toxic dose--he only ate about 1.5 lbs of chocolate. So we waited it out and man oh man what a mess! Barty feels bad about it and I think that he is done with the sweets for about a while... Not to get too graphic but he pooped like 40 times and it was everywhere but it was approx. 90% milk chocolate. Poor guy even puked on his beds and his bone. So looks like Christmas is comming early for one basset. Just thought I would tell you that story just in case you make the mistake of leaving candy out. Let me make it clear that it is Caralynn and I who are at fault. The poor guy ate the whole bag I mean "the bag" along with all of the chocolates as well as the foil wrappers on the Reese's. We were punished with the mess but in reality we lucked out because he will be just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
My Bogie didn't eat that much when he ate chocolate, but he didn't puke anything up. The vet told me over the phone he could get very hyper though, and he was running around like...a jack russell? He didnt stop moving and howling for at least 15 hours, which is quite a lot for my lazy dog.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
797 Posts
Candy once ate a whole 0ne pound bag of Hershey's kisses --- she puked up the foil wrappers about an hour later and had no effect except for a contented smile
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top