Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was just doing some paper work and noticed that my girl is registered as a black and white. Can someone correct me ? Black and White isn’t a colour ? She only has brown points on her face (eyebrows and muzzle).

TIA

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Puppy bassets who end up tricolour as they mature, are generally born black and white. I seem to remember that the Canadian KC started to register puppies according to their main colour? But if a hound is black and white, with a little brown, it is a tricolour.

Emma, dark tricolour, as a puppy

File0003.jpg

Emma as a young adult

File0006.jpg

I remember seeing the successful Ch. Lodway Lancer of Islwyn and thinking he was a tricolour - by the time I got to see him, when visiting the UK, I was surprised to find he was pretty much a blanket red/white!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
in akc registration it is supose to be by main color 2nd 3rd ie white, black,tan or white , black, red but colors are not correctly identified all the time. tan and red , lemon genticical speaking are all the same color so it is the eye of the beholder more than anything else.,

Genetical only bi color is red and white. Black and white does not exist but it is possilble for white to mask all the tan marking in a highly piebold dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts