Basset Hounds Forum banner

Basset Bowls

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TriciaG 
#1 ·
When we first got our first basset hound, we got all the stuff you need for a basset puppy, one thing in particular was her food bowl. We have has this food bowl for 11 years now, and since it's metal it isn't going anywhere any time soon. It is a perfect basset bowl, it's conical, so the basset's nose can go in the bowl, but her ears go on the outside.

When we adopted Buckley, we started looking for one, but have had no luck in the past four years. Now I highly doubt we plan on replacing his flat metal food bowl, but if anyone knows where we might be able to find another "Volcano" bowl we would much appriciate it in case another basset wanders their way into our lives. (Which is bound to happen someday :D )

#4 ·
I built a Dog center in my house because of my BH's penchant to knock his bowls around the floor when they were empty...as in 1 in the morning!

We have two different heights dogs at my house...a Minature Shnauzzer, a Basset Hound and a Black Lab. The dog center allows us to store their dog treats behind the bowls, store their leashes and yet allow all three dogs to eat and drink comfortably.

Best of all it makes our kitchen look clean and neat and yet allows a surface to place stuff when cooking on the stove. I thought this might be of interest to you.

#5 ·
We also use a spaniel bowl for water and regular flat for food(dry). On occasion they still don't help because when he's finished drinking he will turn his head sideways and the ear will flop in the water. Oh well, sometimes it works.
Love the dog center, however I think Oliver would tear apart the bowls to get to the treats. :D

G
#6 ·
Floppyears! You could market that Dog Center! what a great idea! My basset and corgi mix are both low riders, and I plan on getting another Golden Retreiver soon (since my Dalton passed away a year ago). This is a perfect set up. I am very envious. Maybe I will have to try and explain this idea to someone better inclined than myself to make me one.

#7 ·
Those are the bowls we always used with our Spaniels, but I never thought of using them for Bertie. They are easily available over here in stores such as Petsmart, which I think you have over there, so that might be a good place to start looking.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.