Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm looking to talk to others with Basset Bleu's---- cannot reach Raymar any more.

Anyone showing or hunting with them?

With the small gene pool we need to stay in touch.

Corky

Some of the gang

Face

Orchid

Pineau

Remy

Tantor

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
They're very handsome dogs. :) Were you able to obtain your stock in the US/North America, or did you have to import some?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought Remy and Orchid 1st from France after years of trying to find the breed. While I was in France I also found Pineau who came here a couple years later.
The others are pups/dogs fron Remy and Orchid. Face still lives here and his sister T'pol (no Pic) T'pol and Pineau have had 2 litters.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I noticed that Reymar seems to be out of things. Is she not breeding any more?

I've always wanted a BBdeG, just been waiting for the right time. I know one lady who has one from Reymar, seems to be a very sweet dog.

I think there was also a breeder in the Michigan area, and one in Toronto? Or are they no longer breeding either?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Those dogs are very intriguing (sp?). They're hard to find around here (in the States), I assume?

~Heather

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are hard to find anywhere on this side of the ocean. It took me many years and a trip to France to get my 1st Bleus.
I've got a litter right now. Had to have a litter to keep the line going.

I have tried to contact Raymar but am getting no answer. I do not know who has them in Mich. or Toronto, Raymar started in Mich.

If you know who they are and can share the contact please email

[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could realy use some help here finding other Basset Bleu folks. I talked to UKC last week and asked them the status of the Bleu De Gascogne club,

The answer was they cannot get in touch with them either.

Corky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts