Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is it new food? Could that be his subtle way of telling you he doesn't like it?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
That's pretty strange. How old is he? What do you know about him?

My first thought is that either he has an infection or stones, or he could be from a puppy mill or BYBer - they often confine puppies and young dogs in such a way that they end up living in their own poop and pee. If I remember correctly, the pup then becomes desensitized or something to it.

Or maybe he was marking the bowl and missed? Is he neutered?

Need more information! Definitely strange!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I bought him locally. He has marked before but it seems to happen if he is upset. He has done this by the back door twice.
he is going on 6yrs old. He is not neutered.

That's pretty strange. How old is he? What do you know about him?

My first thought is that either he has an infection or stones, or he could be from a puppy mill or BYBer - they often confine puppies and young dogs in such a way that they end up living in their own poop and pee. If I remember correctly, the pup then becomes desensitized or something to it.

Or maybe he was marking the bowl and missed? Is he neutered?

Need more information! Definitely strange![/b]

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
If he's six and this isn't a habit with him, then my guess would be he missed while marking something or he has an infection or stones. Or prostate trouble! :lol:

Hey! Could be!!! :lol:

If he continues doing it - like every day or every other day, I mean - I would definitely get him into the vet to make sure he doesn't have stones or a bladder infection ... or prostate trouble!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts