Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bowser bedmaking

You can hear him grunting and growling, too. I only talk once at the end and quietly so you should be able to turn it up to hear him being a ham.

Usually he gets in there really well and bites and pulls and snarls and then just leaves it all and lies down next to it. I love the sigh at the end, too *lol*
Ah, i just love my baby boy!

Anyone else have funny silly bed making bassets?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Wow! does he look like he's having fun!!!! Mine does something similar...not quite as energetic, but it's usually when I'm in the bed and it's quite a ride for both of us. They never seem to get it to their perfection and in the end, just give up and give out a sigh of resignation....What a beauty he is.....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Molly used to be an enthusiastic bed maker as a baby. Not so much anymore. Winston has started to do that now. Took him 5-10 minutes to settle down on the sofa last night. Bugger stole my blanket in the process :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
In bed Henry insists on laying on the edge of me until i move, then he does it again and again until he has 80% of the bed ... but only when his daddy is deployed, when daddy is at home henry doesnt go near our bed - the only place daddy doesnt let him go! Fortunatly for me he doesnt tell tales when Paul is home and even more fortunatly, Paul doesnt read this lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bowser you're a hoot!!! All that work to make your nest!!! Where do Mom and Dad get to sleep!!!! In our house its not quite so bad BUT Ms Paisley chooses to sleep most nights horizonally in the bed rather than vertically like us. Try and move her and you get the grumps and growls..... most nights those hind feet push you over to the outside three inches of space -- and yes we do have a queen size bed! Now after we are up in the morning her Royal Highness sleeps full out head on the pillows belly to the wind!!!! No wonder hubby complains of a sore back!!!!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i insisted on a king size bed when we got married, and boy are we lucky i did! hehe. bowser usually stays at the foot of the bed, curled up, but we snuggle a LOT at night. unless we're both hot. he will usually scrunch right up to my butt, and i sleep with my legs bent, so i kind of cradle him there. If he gets hot, he scoots his head out, or rolls on his back. The best though, is when dada leaves for work !! Bowser will just get up and go hurumph himself over on his whole side of the bed and be face to face with me and sometimes we'll share a pillow, but ususally that doesn't happen as by that time he usually wants up, and i don't, so he'll start in with nose kisses *lol*

When we all sleep in on the weekend though we lounge around in bed and pet him, or i give him kisses and we all cuddle and sometimes fall back asleep : ) It's a good life!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Too funny!! Sometimes Moses will burrow under the covers, but his favorite is making a nest in the pile of down pillows. So happy I bought a king-sized bed and my Basset allows me to sleep in a teensy corner of it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts