Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to pick Gigi up this morning from being spayed -- boy, is she mad at ME, wouldn't even get out of the car when we came home! -- but while I was waiting for them to fetch her, there was a woman in the waiting room with two basset babies. Not having had George when he was a baby, I don't know how old they were and I was too worried about Gigi to ask :blink:, but they were about 1/4 of his size and their ears dragged the floor. :lol: They were so cute.

Here's poor Gigi, moping on the couch with her new scar and still not sure if moving in with us was the best idea she ever had, considering what we (I!) just did to her.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Glad to hear Gigi's home, safe and sound. :) They usually get back to normal faster than you'd like, and I have trouble keeping them quiet after the first day or two. Did your vet say how old he thinks she is?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Gee, she is a good looking dog! However, that post surgery dopey look does pull at the heart strings. Glad she is home and all went well!
Joan

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vet -- who is an idiot that put her breed down as LABRADOODLE! Thank goodness he was a sub and the real vet was back in time for the surgery -- said he thought she was between 2 and 4 but that's as close as he'd guess. Based on the fact that she hasn't filled out yet or grown into her paws, I think it's closer to 2.

She is almost back to normal today. Still walking and lying down a bit more carefully, but she's eating again and has forgiven me and is wagging her tail and demanding much attention. She's even trying to get George interested in a game of bitey face and I think that's a very bad idea only two days after her surgery. Now we can go back to working on house training. <_< We are NOT having a lot of success in that area.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
When we got Happy we just left his leash attached to his collar, then if he started to go i could quick grab the leash and run outside. I kept treats in my pocket, so he got his reward outdoors as soon as he started peeing. We also used a crate, so he had little chance to mess in the house. I want to say it took about a week or two, but I was always on "pee guard duty".
Joan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts