Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am an artist and dog lover living in Devon. I love to paint dogs, particularly Bassets because of their wonderful expressions! I paint in watercolours and in oils and have posted some examples below. Should anyone be interested in commissioning a portrait of their dog then the process is suprisingly simple and inexpensive. The first stage is to simply PM me to establish contact. I will then ask you to email me a photo of your Basset. The photo needs to be clear, with a good close up view of the dog. I will then happily paint the dog in watercolour or oils and email you a picture of the finished painting. If you are happy with it then it is yours to buy (price depends on the medium and size, starting at GBP 25 but not exceeding GBP 80 - postage is free within the UK). If you are not happy with the painting there is absolutely no obligation to buy! I will happily donate 10% of any sales to a Basset charity as chosen by the moderators of this forum.

Bassets in Oils

Bassets in Watercolour

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More art....

Hope you don't mind me asking but does anyone have any cute photo's of their Basset that they would be willing to let me paint and display on my website? I need the photographers permission to reproduce it as a painting so as to not infringe any copyright law. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wonderful artwork! I'm particularly fond of watercolors.[/b]
Thank you Midge n Hazley. Watercolour is my favourite also but it's probably not the easiest medium to use when painting dogs especially long haired dogs! :blink: Luckily, Bassets and Bulldogs are my favourite breeds to paint due to their expressive faces and they are ideal for watercolour.

Thanks for your kind comments. Regards....

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bill! I like that first picture of the basset looking at the bird![/b]
Hi Kenneth,

Thanks. Yes, I did that oil painting for a friend. It was an usual request to put a bird in with the Basset but I think it works well in that painting! Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.