Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some more about Barty....we adopted Barty from foster parents when he was 7 (He was abused and neglected :( :angry: ) , so we've had him for 3 years now. He is the light in our life and never imagined that we could love someone so much! Barty is very active for his age. He loves to swim and has been in numerous creeks/rivers, Lake Erie, the Long Island Sound and even the Atlantic Ocean! ...we call him the buoyant basset. He loves going on long walks and could walk forever...longest to date 8 miles in 2 hours and 40 minutes {that includes a stop at dairy queen for a cup of water and a little (okay maybe a lot) bit of vanilla soft serve off of mom's cone}. Barty also loves to sing, especially when mom and/or dad slips his name into the song. Barty loves to play in the snow and make tunnels in the yard. He is also the BEST sunggler in the world.

Here are some pictures of Barty...

[attachment=583:younger_bart.jpg]
This is Barty after he first came to us....much less gray than he is now.

[attachment=579:Bart_woooo.jpg]
Barty "woooo-ing" at Allegany State Park

[attachment=580:l_1873a7...b58dc6c3.jpg]
Dad, Barty & Mom at the top of one of the thunder rocks at Allegany. It should be noted that he climbed up there to be with his parents.

[attachment=581:wet_basset.jpg]
Bart after a bath all snuggled in his blanked to stay warm.

[attachment=584:Bart_and_Dad.jpg]
Barty & Dad chilling (literally) on the porch after a blizzard in October.

[attachment=585:n1570095...754_5162.jpg]
Barty decided to explore.

[attachment=586:n1570095...759_6683.jpg]
Playing in what was the street...no worries, all roads were impassible...oh the joys of living in Buffalo.

More to come :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Barty is such a handsome boy! Sounds like he has a great life with your family and really lucked out when you adopted him. :D He sounds like quite a character! :lol:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bless you for taking in a dog that many people would have walked by because he was 'too old'. I'm sure the past three years have been the best of Barty's life. In fact, I'm sure of it, considering that he 'climbs mountains' to be with his folks!!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thank you for giving this boy a chance at a happier life. How could anyone abuse and neglect such a handsome boy! My boy Gibbs is long just like your guy. My vet says he's a limo.

~Heather

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm, I guess he is quite long. I also think it's kind of an optical illusion because he has a small head....he was the runt in his litter. But, either way, his extra length makes snuggling extra nice. Oh boy do I love him!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
What a good looking fella. He is very lucky you all rescued him. He sounds like he has a wonderful life now![/b]
My sentiments exactly :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts