Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Winston is almost 12 years old. Out of the blue he has started barking at night. He is in a cage due to toileting issues, he has been in this a long time. He had surgery and its started from then.
Tried tablets off vets, music, light left on, a jumper of mine in with him, and finally CBD oil. I am desperate for sleep. Can anyone help me as the vets have said there is nothing else they can offer me. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
All too often, oldies start this, as if to let you know he's still there! He may be going a bit deaf too. Is there something outside that's starting him off - something new like a neighbour with a changed work-schedule? Or a wild animal?

Can you bring his crate in with you for reassurance. All too often the oldies seem to revert to being as needy as puppies!! Bless. And is it maybe getting chilly overnight ..... can you up the heating for him so he's not restless.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
All too often the oldies seem to revert to being as needy as puppies!!

also try adding either a table spoon of coconut oil or 1/2 table spoon MCT oil each meal. MCT oil is major adjucnt to Purina "bright Minds" formula Coconut oul is approximately 50% MCT

Beneficial Role of MCTs in Cognitive Function

Anipril is a prescrtiption med for CDS in dogs,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts