Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or maybe its more like sniff, sniff, bark! Sniff, sniff, bark! About an hour ago I was out in the yard and noticed a cat making its way through. Now Twinkie's outside sniffing along exactly where the cat was walking and barking her fool head off. I guess she feels the need to let us know someone was in HER backyard. Better now than at midnight, I guess. :roll:

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
775 Posts
We have a bird feeder outside of our fence and Coppers thinks it is his personal mission in life to charge at the fence and scare them all away[barking the whole time]. He has Patty and Dolly doing the same thing now. We haven't seen a squirrel yet this spring. I think they have all gone to the neighbors.

·
Registered
109 Posts
:)

We have to keep our blinds raised so eeyore can look out the door, he will sit there for hours watching and when he sees something he will ask to go out; this morning around 5 am he woke me up in a hurry he bolted to the door only to chase a squrrel and bark his ears off, I am sure the neighbors were not impressed with thier arrroooing alarm clock. I told him that was un necessary but he convinced me that it was.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I feel your pain. George considers it his personal mission in life to chase cats off the property and since when he's outside he's on a lead (no fence), that means he barks like a madman every time he sees one, no matter how far away. I like cats and we have some strays around I'd like to make friends with but George simply won't allow it, and now that we've got a bird feeder and a steady stream of customers for it, I guess it's just as well. He doesn't mind the birds or squirrels but every cat gets The Cat Bark: "CAT! CAT! CAT! CAT!" So far, none of them are brave enough to get close enough to bother the birds because George Is On The Job. :lol:

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have a cat and a bunny here in our house and once in a while Roxy feels the need to bark like crazy at the cat. I just keep telling her that it's okay, she lives here to silly hound. Funny for a hunting dog, she could care less about the bunny.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We had a gopher or mole in our yard that the bassets made their mission to try and track down. Unfortunately they merely drove him to the other side of the fence. Now they sit and bark at the fence for what seems like hours.

I don't particularly like killing any creature, but if he moves back into our yard I'll do everything I can to catch and relocate him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After I mow the front yard, the birds will land and pick at the grass eating bird type things. Daug has to go on riot control and watch the birds through the window. If to many birds land in HER yard she has to go outside and chase them off.

Apparently more than 4 birds in a yard and a bird riot will break out! I am so lucky to have a bassett security patrol....

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hey, don't discount that basset security patrol! :D George makes sure we know when somebody's here (potentially more people to pet him and fuss about how very cute he is) and when neighbors walk by (how dare they?!?) and that the garbage collectors are TAKING OUR STUFF. :lol: He REALLY excels at informing us the pizza delivery boy has arrived.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My first bassett Shorty use to sit by the trash cans every Wensday morning. The trash men were well trained... lean over the fence pet Shorty then grab a trash can. Lean back over the fence replace the empty trash can, pet Shorty, and grab another can.

Daug currently has the UPS driver trained to bring her McDonald's chicken nuggets when ever he has a package to deliver to the house. The driver "just happens" to have some left over from his lunch.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts