Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember the Nick show, "Angry Beavers"? One of the episodes they were adopted as dogs, and the people that had them would say, "Bad puppy, we love you!"

Well, today that is applying for Boomer. If it can be chewed/barked at/etc., he is doing it. The final straw was when he bit the TV power cord partially through. I heard him barking his head off and jumping back, and the TV went off. I went over, and after a few seconds realized he had severed part of the cord.

He sat on the couch while I scolded him, and I couldn't help but take a picture of his "hang-dog" expression. Then took a 2nd picture and I swear he was laughing at me.

Went off to the store to buy a new plug (No, you MAY NOT go with momma!), and the TV is back on. And he is back to being his ornery self.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
We've had some days like that. I swear they know that what they're doing is bad. If Virga is chewing on something we don't want her to and we catch her, she'll stop chewing and roll over onto her back. We'll fuss at her for about 2 seconds and then give her her Nylabone and love on her. You can't stay mad at them! It's near impossible.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Geez, and here I thought I was the only one. Woody has been having several days like that....he has been potty trained for over a month and as soon as I buy a new carpet cleaner and clean the carpets he has been leaving me new puddles to clean almost with a "your welcome" look on his face as I bring back out the cleaner.... He is so darn cute it's hard to even be upset.

Now if that had been one of the kids.....:p:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
yep, my puppy likes to chew on the power cord to our lap tops. she got a good shock though one time and hasent done it again. thats what she gets! lol

·
Registered
616 Posts
Mine too have their moments of "Bad dog, we love you." Most recently Rosco (who's 2 and should know better) got a hold of a tube of cat hair ball remedy. He chewed the cap off and the bottle open, then proceeded to consume the ENTIRE bottle. (It was brand new). We waited anxiously, thinking that it was going to cause him to have a lot of diarrhea. Fortunately, he tolerated it very well and seemed to have no issues. Now if only I could get the cats to eat it as easily!

Breezy has decided that she will chew on anything plastic. I caught her chomping an ink pen the other day. Today she got a hold of an empty pill bottle. They are so much like little kids! You have to wonder when it gets quiet, what they're into!

·
Registered
56 Posts
We had a moment like this the other morning when we came out to find our Play Station controller on the floor and the cord ripped to shreds. Which was upsetting more because we thought we had put it in a secure location that she couldn't reach. Well apparently she did anyways!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wilson loves eating wires - i think we are on our 4th telephone wire grr - he actually got hold of the internet cable the other day - gulp !!!

Just as well he's cute !!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Boomer's mom are you kidding, hang dog. That looks like the Basset, hurry up cause I'm going to do it again look to me. I see no remorse. The next one, your boring me.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, after the TV cord incident, he found a highlighter that I was using to mark rows off of a crochet pattern, and chewed it up. Thankfully I caught him before he punctured the ink tube, or he would have had a green mouth for St. Patrick's Day.

After that, he stole mail off the table.

Stole a picture frame bear.

And has destroyed about 5 stuffed dog toys in the last week.

His first birthday is coming up in April, maybe I should get him a box of things he most likes to chew up.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boomer's mom are you kidding, hang dog. That looks like the basset, hurry up cause i'm going to do it again look to me. I see no remorse. The next one, your boring me.

lolol!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Elvis loves chewing on everything! I started to see large tree branches in my yard and could not figure out where they came from, untill I was sitting outside one evening only to see the tree in the back yard swaying back and forth, seems Elvis gets ahold of a branch and pulls and pulls untill he breaks it off. I have branches all over my yard! He also likes end tables, hardwood floors, the back porch, and a recliner! And he just looks at you with those big brown eyes and I can't stay mad at him!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I started to see large tree branches in my yard and could not figure out where they came from
We started noticing branches and twigs all over our yard too! It's usually just little branches off our bush, the tiny tree in the backyard, or our neighbor's bushes which poke through the fence we share. But yesterday I went out and there's a HUGE limb in the yard. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from until I looked at the poor little tree and there's a huge scar where I'm assuming Doppler ripped it off. When they do that we call it 'gardening'. Pups are silly!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts