Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Congrats, and we hope you post pics soon!

Seems fairly normal, as it's been just 4 days. Worm would fuss, too, for 15-20 min every time for the first month (30 days...!). One time, he barked and whined for 45 minutes and we heard about it from our neigbors. ("I don't know whose dog was crying and barking for 45 minutes...??" she said. Hmmm. I knew.)

One idea to share is that we also put Worm in there throughout the day when we were home, like on weekends. Sometimes just really short 10-20 min. And would also give him super yummy treat there that would occupy him for 15-30 minutes, w/the door locked. Like kong toy or beef rib bone. That gets him to like the experience in the crate more, it seemed. These days, it's the funniest thing that I never thought would happen, when i'm getting a beef bone ready, he gets super excited and crawls into the crate and waits there for me to bring it. Also I would put him there 1-2 hrs when I had to shower or nap or get housework done. I think the good thing about that is that in a day, he gets used to being in and out of the crate multiple times. And he has multiple experiences of being let out, and learns faster that just because he's in there doesn't mean he won't get to get out fairly soon...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts