1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Spot used to do that in the ring too.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is that pink thing what a lot of you have refered to as a 'snood'? And I'm with SophieB, what's that apron thingy?

·
Registered
297 Posts
The snood over the ears is yes to keep them clean and dry before they go in the ring. I imagine the apron is for the same thing... if you are walking a freshly groomed dog out to go potty in a wet soggy area they tend to kick up all the salt and grime onto their underbody so it's likely to keep that clean before he/she goes in the ring. May have to get one of those for the puppies... Roxie is fine and doesn't tend to slosh around in the puddles but the little one will intentionally walk right through them if she can.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awwwwwwwwww! So cute! When we got our puppy we saw the breeder's pets too. She had this HUGE Euro boy that did that! I made a comment about how awesome he was and he "oofed" at me! Sitting up like that the whole time of course, just chillin'. LOL She said he was only a year old but he was the biggest Basset I had ever come face to face with. :eek:

·
Registered
165 Posts
My husband and I are always wishing Ferg would do this, but nope- Lottie and Lucy are special girls. :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Neat video! A question:

When the judge is examining the dog, I noticed the leash is held up; is it holding the dog's head up?

I also searched and a basset has never won the Westminster Dog Show. Harumph!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Usually you hold the collar up yes to hold the head in position. That's because at the point that you qualify and make it to Westminster these dogs are already champions and well seasoned so you no longer need to hold their muzzle to keep them from looking every which way while the judge is trying to see the outline of the dog.

I love Tristan, he was the second dog in the ring. He's such a lovely dog with a great personality. I was disappointed he didn't at least take an award of merit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love this. Not only am I proud basset mom and I'm a dachshund mommy too. My husbands family whom all have dachshunds have coined this action "boppsying." Sadly neither by basset or doxy do this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts