Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the transfer, I remember reading that we would have to reset our avatar images, but this type of forum (phpbb) does not allow avatar images. Am I missing something, or will there be no avatars?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Before people knock themselves out putting pics in their sig files, a heads up--we'll probably disable that feature (takes waaaay too long to load), and re-enable the avatars. :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
I need to get a good picture with my new camera to use for the avatar. I'll use this one for now.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Directions

Directions:
1. Upload your avatar to a photo hosting site. Your avatar file should not be larger than 6 KB or 80X80 pixels.

2. Come back to CyberHound and select Profile from the menu bar near the top of the screen.

3. Scroll down to the red bar that says Avatar control panel.

4. Enter the link to your off-site avatar (the link to your file at your photo-hosting site). You don't need img tags.

5. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
just testing my avatar- edited to say Yikes it's gigantic- is there a way to make it smaller? Or do I have to find a smaller image? edited to say I think I answered my own question- need to find a smaller image-

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just a reminder Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

If you want to know the size of your avatar, right click on the picture, select properties, and the size will be listed next to dimensions.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
No sigs unless/until we figure out how to disable images in sigs. Thank you in advance for your forbearance.

M

·
0 Posts
This is it! This is as small as I could get it without being microscopic!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Sorry to repeat myself but most of the avatars are too large. Please delete them until you can figure out how to make them no more than 80 x 80 pixels.

Thank-you for your patience during this change over.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Photobucket

If anyone can give us help on how to reduce the size of our pics on photobucket (I reduced mine to 25% and it's still wayyyyyy too big) please let me know!

Lou

1 - 20 of 37 Posts