Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to add a new avatar but it's not working.

I've followed the instructions and I thought that it would be resized automatically (as it states it would). However it's showing up that it's too large per the administrative guidelines and therefore not working.

Ideas on how to add just a simple picture of Ruby as the avatar? Complete instructions please too.

Thanx a million!

Janice and little Ruby

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm trying to add a new avatar but it's not working.

I've followed the instructions and I thought that it would be resized automatically (as it states it would). However it's showing up that it's too large per the administrative guidelines and therefore not working.

Ideas on how to add just a simple picture of Ruby as the avatar? Complete instructions please too.

Thanx a million!

Janice and little Ruby[/b]
If you post the picture, I or someone here can shrink it for you.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts

Thanx a million!

Janice and little Ruby[/b]
Most photo hosting sites have the ability to resize photos as well specifical below is what you need to do if using Photobucket.com

Up load picture to photobucket using a new name such as "avatar"

once photo is up loaded into folder above the picture in the album is an edit tab click on that

click on the icon that reads resize

there will appear on the op left under New Size xxx X xxxx "preset sizez" with up and down arrows on the right. Choses avatar using the arrow and save changes.

The picture is now saved in a size that can be used.

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Miriam is traveling hope this helps you can use the link or copy and paste the photo

Code:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/toughynutter/inkyavatair.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts