Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen the greeting cards by the brand name "Avanti"? They use a lot of dogs, (also kids and the elderly) as models for the cards, and they are too cute. They have some basset models that will do ANYTHING. I buy every one I can find. Most of the time, they are sold in small shops or even clothing boutiques. All our friends know they are getting a card with a basset on it for their birthdays!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Speaking of cards...and yes, I too love the Avanti brand...Steve's birthday was yesterday and we had a good laugh since he received nine different Basset Hound birthday cards.

Whenever I see Basset cards I too buy them for people but these were ones I have never seen before so it was fun to see some new ones and can't believe I haven't seen them before.

Kathy

J

·
0 Posts
I ran out at lunch to buy a sympathy card... and there was a big display of "Avanti" cards! So I bought the anniversary one for my husband. It's not until October but I know how I am, running around last minute! I also got a birthday card with a basset.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The card with the 2 Bassets on the beach was my job. It was photographed here in the Hamptons. The dogs are Priscilla White's Muffin and my neighbor's Ruby. Sadly, all 3 are deceased. The same day we did the card with the Basset on the putting green. It's a combo of Ruby and my dog Nellie (also deceased). If only I got royalties...Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't tell you how much we have enjoyed those cards. It's nice of you to give us the inside scoop. The red & white one looks just like my Button, and I always look for them at card stores. How on Earth did you get them to do all that stuff? I especially liked the one with the basset digging the hole in the sand. (Housewarming card) Sorry to hear that one is now gone. They certainly touched a lot of people.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, how do they get them to do some of that stuff? Like the bassett on the skateboard, up in the air? :shock: I know that dog wasn't really on a skateboard, but it looks real enough! :lol: Computer editing, I presume?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Belinda, that is so cool! Who knew???

I bought that one last year for my hubby, and he bought me MOOSE! I thought it was a good deal... :D

Sandy

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Type in Hush Puppy Basset Hound, and it should take you to the story of the Hush Puppy Basset...it shows how they made him do all kinds of neat things. He was beautiful...

Sandy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts