Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen the greeting cards by the brand name "Avanti"? They use a lot of dogs, (also kids and the elderly) as models for the cards, and they are too cute. They have some basset models that will do ANYTHING. I buy every one I can find. Most of the time, they are sold in small shops or even clothing boutiques. All our friends know they are getting a card with a basset on it for their birthdays!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Speaking of cards...and yes, I too love the Avanti brand...Steve's birthday was yesterday and we had a good laugh since he received nine different Basset Hound birthday cards.

Whenever I see Basset cards I too buy them for people but these were ones I have never seen before so it was fun to see some new ones and can't believe I haven't seen them before.

Kathy

G

·
I ran out at lunch to buy a sympathy card... and there was a big display of "Avanti" cards! So I bought the anniversary one for my husband. It's not until October but I know how I am, running around last minute! I also got a birthday card with a basset.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The card with the 2 Bassets on the beach was my job. It was photographed here in the Hamptons. The dogs are Priscilla White's Muffin and my neighbor's Ruby. Sadly, all 3 are deceased. The same day we did the card with the Basset on the putting green. It's a combo of Ruby and my dog Nellie (also deceased). If only I got royalties...Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't tell you how much we have enjoyed those cards. It's nice of you to give us the inside scoop. The red & white one looks just like my Button, and I always look for them at card stores. How on Earth did you get them to do all that stuff? I especially liked the one with the basset digging the hole in the sand. (Housewarming card) Sorry to hear that one is now gone. They certainly touched a lot of people.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, how do they get them to do some of that stuff? Like the bassett on the skateboard, up in the air? :shock: I know that dog wasn't really on a skateboard, but it looks real enough! :lol: Computer editing, I presume?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts