Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, when the dogs came in to tell us it was time to get up, Hubby patted the bed to invite Gigi (the Lab) to climb up and instead, George took a flying leap and landed on the cedar chest and then got into the bed. :eek: Mind you, before Gigi joined the family, I bought him doggy steps and he rejected them. I bought the cedar chest. He wasn't interested. Didn't want to get in bed, thank you very much. If we lifted him in he'd hang out a few minutes -- like THREE, tops -- and then want to get down. My mom says it's because he's short and the bed is high and it makes him phobic. :D I have a different theory now. He didn't want in the bed because he's not into sharing space ... until he realized GIGI gets on the bed and suddenly it became attractive. As Hubby was singing this morning, "Anything Geej can do, George can do better ... " And all this time, George has insisted he just can't MAKE the jump onto the cedar chest to get into bed. "It's just too tall, Mom, I can't do it. I'll just go get on the couch or my doggy bed ... "

1 - 2 of 2 Posts