Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's here! and she is no way 12 years old. She has glaucoma in her right eye, and a little thing on her belly we need to look at, but oh well. She is sweet and loving and I promised my husband that I will look for a forever home for her, but it wouldn't exactly break my heart if we didn't get an offer and she lives her last years with us.:rolleyes:
Ruby got here late Friday night, kind of a surprise since they told us it wouldn't be until next weekend. She slept most of the first day, but today she has had a little more spunk.
A vet visit this week, and I'll keep her here until she's off her meds, but then I'm off to find her the perfect home she deserves.
If the pictures worked, there are a few of her attached, one in whish she is licking my sons hand, making him squeal. Otherwise she is kindof a "lounger". Great on a leash, but definitely needs one. Likes cats, likes kids, likes other dogs. She's in the Des Moines, IA area...in case anyone knows someone looking...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
poor sweet baby! now she's limping...we went for a walk two days ago and 50 ft from home she started limping :( no fall, no rough housing, no obvious cause. she is going to the vet tomorrow.
otherwise she is still a joy to have and be around, here are some more pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
She's a lovely looking girl. Hope the limp gets better soon and it's nothing too serious.

Well done to you helping her be happy in her senior years :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!

Ruby's limp is much improved with a lot of rest, some muscle relaxant, and ice. :) All her previous surgeries are healing as well...which means that any day now she will be ready for her furever home. I don't know if I will be, but if she is meant to live the rest of her years with us, it will work out that way. :) just beyond happy that she is feeling better! Thanks for all who sent healing thoughts and drool.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know it's been a few years, this post is old. But I hope she is still doing great!!. She is such a beautiful baby!!. I hope you kept her, she looks content with your family!!. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts